Croydon Tamil Sangam is legally operated under UK Registered Non-Profit Companies and Croydon Tamil Welfare Trust. The Association is an organization to promote community services, Tamil Arts and Culture and facilitate Tamil events.
Croydon Tamil Sangam strive to enhance and enrich Tamil cultural values and to help Tamil, youth, men and women and seniors of the community to benefit from participating in the Tamil cultural events in a community building initiatives. In addition, Croydon Tamil Sangam works with Croydon Council for a goal to create a Community Centre for Tamils in Croydon, as a hub for all events of Tamil population in Greater London Area.
Our Mission is to facilitate growth of Tamil cultural values in multicultural London and engage participation of other cultural groups from connecting with Tamils and Tamil values. By establishing the Croydon Tamil Sangam our organization will strive:
- To Promote Tamil Language and Culture;
- To serve as an ideal platform for the socially conscious tamil youngsters who can help the community and contribute to the inclusive growth of the nation. Develop participation of youth and families at the Centre to benefit from the events organized;
- To foster a culture of commitment in social service by providing real-time solutions to the NGOs and Society that are tangible and accountable;
- To cultivate an attitude in selfless service among our volunteers and public;
- Improve the quality of life for our Tamil seniors at the Centre.
- Croydon Tamil Sangam takes special efforts to invite and facilitate participation of special distinguished guests from India to connect with Tamil diaspora in UK.